Fatal Error - Panelview Plus 1000

mhertwig

Hey there. I have a PV Plus 1000 FW: 5.10.16.09

I cannot change the communication setup to direct my device shortcut to a different PLC.

This happens with multiple HMIs, so I suspect this is a software issue.

Error:

"Application RSLinxNG.EXE has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.
Program: RSLinxNG>EXE
Exception: 0xc0000005
Address: 018fe87b
"

When I download my .mer without replacing comm path and leaving the original setup its fine. This only happens if I change the comm path to a new PLC.

Thoughts?

After this error I cannot communicate with the HMI until I load in the old .mer file and replace communications again.

Using the "copy from design to runtime" button appears to trigger this bug. If you delete the communication path and create it manually, I wonder if it will work (don't use the copy button).

According to KB BF25737, you must be on 5.10.16 (which you are) and you must apply the latest rollup patch to FactoryTalk View Studio. Then the copy design to runtime should work properly.

Doing that I get this:

"
*** Start FactoryTalk Linx Conversion Messages ***

WARNING: Unconfigured shortcut detected. Shortcut name = "PLC". Description: The system has detected that the noted shortcut has not been associated with a device on the Runtime (Target) tab. If the application makes use of this shortcut, then runtime errors will be detected and logged when the application attempts to use that shortcut.

*** End FactoryTalk Linx Conversion Messages ***

Validation completed with warnings. The runtime application has been created.
CAUTION: Running this application might produce errors at runtime.
"

Simulating on my desktop works fine. The PV, however, does not.

I'm running 11.00.00 (CPR 9 SR 11)...

Update... Do the following:

1. delete existing FT Linx
2. create new FT Linx server
3. select "Copy the configuration that is currently running on this workstation"
4. On runtime only add your device shortcut & point to the PLC

This eliminates the need to hit "copy from design to runtime" button

Using the "copy from design to runtime" button appears to trigger this bug. If you delete the communication path and create it manually, I wonder if it will work (don't use the copy button).

According to KB BF25737, you must be on 5.10.16 (which you are) and you must apply the latest rollup patch to FactoryTalk View Studio. Then the copy design to runtime should work properly.

Thank you for your help! :)