Tia Portal Changing device from s7-1500 to s7-1200

thewalkerist

Hello everyone, i had a recent project that i was working on before. Now since i didnt have any PLC's before i used to practice and chose the device as s7-1500. But now i got a plc of my own and its a s7-1200. I wanted to change it but it seems i cant do that. Is there way for me to do that?

No, there is no way to change from a 1500 to a 1200 PLC. The best you can do is drag and drop the function blocks and DB's from one to another. The 1200 also has some data types that the 1500 supports that the 1200 doesn't.

Also, the 1200 will not support STL.

So if you have any FBs or FCs with STL in the 1500 you'll need to convert them before copying.

Also, the 1200 will not support STL.

So if you have any FBs or FCs with STL in the 1500 you'll need to convert them before copying.

1200 doesn't support Graph either.

Dear god, why would you use STL in 1500 though?

1200 doesn't support Graph either.

Dear god, why would you use STL in 1500 though?

I wouldn't if I was putting a new project in one.

However, I've used it plenty of times when migrating a project from S7. Or copying an FC or FB that has had years of testing in working machinery. No point in re inventing the wheel. Personally I don't mind STL it does the job quite well.