Factorytalk studio 12 help

stu

Hi
I have a new laptop and with factorytalk studio v12
The issue that I have come across When I am setting up the communications for the screen I can't automatically pick up the iP addresses for the devices on the network , the only way I can do it is to add devices manually?
Has anyone had this before? Or know how I can get the ip address automatically thanks

Hey Stu,

In the project tree, at the very bottom of the tree there is a communication tab. Click it. Right click on the Ethernet driver and select properties. There should be a list of your network adapters. It often defaults to "Any". Select the adapter that has the address of the subnet you are communicating on. After Ok/close, you may have to right click on the driver and select start browsing.

Hey Stu,

In the project tree, at the very bottom of the tree there is a communication tab. Click it. Right click on the Ethernet driver and select properties. There should be a list of your network adapters. It often defaults to "Any". Select the adapter that has the address of the subnet you are communicating on. After Ok/close, you may have to right click on the driver and select start browsing.

Just wanted to throw out a Thank You for this. I have a new laptop with a VM (first time). When I downloaded a .mer file to the HMI I would get an error message about not being able to see my tags in the PLC. I could ping both machines OK from my laptop. As Dmroeder said, I went into the communications and 'Any' was selected. I had my VM to Windows 10 network connection and my laptop. I selected my laptop and everything working correctly.