Problem with clock (CPU 224 & CPU 315)

kouim92kostas

Hello everyone...

I'm working on a project where I want to use the time of the PLCs to do a specific process.

In both PLCs (cpu 224 & cpu 315) I can take the time of PLC and use it as I want. The problem is when the time changes (from the summer time to winter time and vice versa).

As i saw, in the menu of Time of Day Clock, on both PLCs I can change the time only if i sychronized it with the PC i connect with. There is a menu as I see, but its not enable the button.

1) Why is this happening? For example in CPU 224XP it has a menu where I can set it up this change time. But in 224 I can't. The same in CPU 315.

I was thinking to create a program where automatically change the time but I don't know how!

In CPU 224 for the reading time i used this:
TODR VD920
MOVD VD923, VD910
LDW= VW910,VW530 (VW530 is the time I want to open a valve)

A second though is to send from the the SCADA a time (the time of the PC) to the CPU 315 and CPU 224. But my problem is where? So it can keep it and sychronized it with the clock of each PLC....

Thanks for your help.
However, this does not help me that much.

If I send for example from the SCADA a time 13:15, how to integrate this time i send with the PLC time.
If I transfer it to the VD920, will keep it and sychronized it with the clock of plc, and the clock continues counting from this time on?

What about TODW?

The basics are:

Send the time from the HMI to a memory area in the PLC (for S7-200, to V area, for S7-300 M or DB area).

Execute the Set Time instruction in the CPU, using the above memory as the source of the time (S7-200 is SET_RTC, in S7-300 use SFC0 "SET_CLK").

The basics are:

Send the time from the HMI to a memory area in the PLC (for S7-200, to V area, for S7-300 M or DB area).

Execute the Set Time instruction in the CPU, using the above memory as the source of the time (S7-200 is SET_RTC, in S7-300 use SFC0 "SET_CLK").

If i understood right.. I can send the new time that i want to set up in VW564 (e.x. 15:20). Then I was thinking this :
MOVW VW564, VW910
MOVD VD019, VD923
TODW VD923
(I'm working on STL, so SET_RTC is TODW ? )

The basics are:

For S7-300, V area you mean VW?
The set time instruction is :
CALL "SET_CLK"
PDT : =
RET_VAL:=
Lets say that I send the time from the HMI to PLC to DB10.DBW64. How i transfer it to SET_CLK? What i have to write to PDT and RET_VAL?

I don't know anything about these instructions so I'm a bit confused!!

The basics are:

For S7-200, V area you mean VW?
And for S7-300, M area you mean MW?

The set time instruction for S7-300 is :
CALL "SET_CLK"
Lets say that I send the time from the HMI to PLC to DB10.DBW64. How i transfer it to SET_CLK? What i have to write to PDT and RET_VAL?

I don't know anything about these instructions so I'm a bit confused!!

Hello... I manage with the S7-200 to set up the Time, it works..... But now I stuck with the S7-300.

I have already variable of the data type DATE_AND_TIME, in which the time is stored (using the READ_CLK).
I want to send from HMI the time to e.x. DB100.DBW10. After that how I set up the time?
In PDT what I have to write?
And the DB100.DBW10 how I use it ? I read the manual but stil I can't understand the way it must be done! (If you want I can send screenshots if it helps)

CALL "SET_CLK"

***Something I forgot to ask****
In S7-200 the TODR and TODW are not working parallel... I disable the TODR first, and then I set the time.... The same goes for the S7-300 too?