Omron NT620S

RoTaTech

I have a unit that pre-dates me, and it shows a Kanji character where it should have a space.
They are on *every* screen, including the system screens, so it is not an application program error.

There are other identical units in this plant with no such problem.

Has anyone here seen this before, and if so, how did you rectify it?

20211026_101027_resized_1.jpg 20211026_100938_resized_1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks ΣΔ. But I have done so several times. The only thing I have thought of is the firmware somehow got change to Jap'. The DIP switch is set for Eng'. My Updater refuses to communicate with the screen - constant time-outs.

I am awaiting a reply from Omron TS, but thought I would try here as well.

Not had it on an OMRON but had something similar on a Beijers HMI, It was to do with the fonts, had an original system on the plant, the HMI died so re-programmed a new one (done this many times) but for some reason some chars especially the spaces seemed corrupt, tried many times, showed ok on the laptop, eventually replaced the font type (long process had to edit every field for that font) & it worked, although never looked into the problem but it appears that upgrading my laptop from NT to Win7 (new laptop) was the cause, when I tried an older XP laptop with the same file it worked fine.