Hello my dear frnds..

arjunnair88

Please provide me with the FBD(Functional Block Diagram) with the conditions specified below..I'm planning to do the programming in Siemens S7 PLC..
The conditions are as follows...

INPUT (Let it be "A")--- 4-20ma..
this comes from a potentiometer..so the voltage signal from the pot is converted into 4-20ma signal..
OUTPUT(Let it be Y1-Y10)--- 4-20ma
output is the input itself..(ie. A=Y1,Y2 etc..)
there should be 10 outputs each of 4-20ma..
so the single output should be multiplied into 10 outputs..
Also we should be able to adjust the Gain and Bias(Increment or Decrement) of each output individually...This is done using Push Buttons respectively...
At each incremental press in the corresponding push button there should be an increment of 10% of the output from that particular output (Any from Y1-Y10) which is the operators discretion..
Similarly,at each decremental press in the corresponding push button there should be a decrement of 10% of the output from that particular output (Any from Y1-Y10) which is the operators discretion..

These are my conditions..Anyone please help me..

With Regards...
Arjun S Nair

What exactly is your question? What problems are you having?? What have you tried that isn't working?

thnx Ozee 4 ur reply..
Actually the company i'm workin got a project frm a paper industry to change its working mostly in PLC's..so my boss asked me to draw a Functional Block Diagram of wat i've posted in my last post..but since i'm a rookie i need some help..dis is my problem 4 nw..
hoping 4 ur best support..

regards,
Arjun...

Do you understand you are asking us to do your job for you?

You are not asking us to show you how to use a hammer, which we are more than happy to do. You are asking us to build you a house, which we will not do.

Keith

Ok I don't work with Seimens but like any programming lanquage break it down to steps.

1) setup up the input readigs and scale it for your processor type.
2) save that value into a register or memory location.
3) convert that value (depending on your ouput hardware scale ranges depend on hardware), save that value to a menory location.
4) indirect address the output calculated value using a 10 bit counter to step through all the out put adresses.

Hi,
How would the FB know which of the 10 outputs the operator wants to increment or decrement? Should there be a selection input like a knob or push button with an indicator to let the operator know which output gain they are adjusting? Or do you want 10 sets of push buttons? Something to think about.

BD

Well, pardners, I don't know what I find more objectionable - the presumption thet I am his friend, the fact thet he figgers we'll jump in and do his work fer him, or the lack of gumption thet makes it too much trouble fer him to figger out the proper spelling of "friends".

Maybe I is jist gettin' too crusty and ornery in my old age?

Well, pardners, I don't know what I find more objectionable - the presumption thet I am his friend, the fact thet he figgers we'll jump in and do his work fer him, or the lack of gumption thet makes it too much trouble fer him to figger out the proper spelling of "friends".

Maybe I is jist gettin' too crusty and ornery in my old age?

Hahaha!!! You just took a crappy Sunday (crappy b/c I had to work on it)....and made it worth laughing about! Awesome!

And once again we go back to that post made a few weeks ago about Indian people posting stuff like this....I know it has nothing to do with where a person is from...but somehow the stereotype keeps proving itself true.

Last edited: