modicum m340 not resetting faults on Power up

mordred

I have an m340 telemechanique processor that is not reseting I/O errors once the condition is repaired and reset of the processor has been done.
The fault occurs on a counting card. more specifically from a faulty photo eye open circuit. This has been fixed however I am looking for a possible setting to clear minor errors or I/O errors on power up. Does such an option exist for this particular card, if so How do you set it up.????

I am unfamiliar with Unity pro we purchased a full version it is currently on route so I am working with a trial version in the mean time.

I guess this question is a little trickier than I first surmised I've the hardware manuals Can any one recommend a good programmers manual with this platform in mind ? The Snieder site doesn't seem to contain any real good literature. In particular a fault routine that I can use to detect this particular error and correct it may work on power up coupled with a first scan code. Any suggestion on this would be appreciated. I've worked mainly on AB and Omron I know in both of these platforms somthing like this is easily done so would be surprised if its not included in the telemechanique\modicum platform

Sorry never seen this problem before. I would guess you need to create a IODDT for the module, which should then let you access all the control/status/commands for the module

This link should give you a list of all the M340 manuals, the counter manual was in there
http://www.schneider-electric.com/sites/corporate/en/products-services/automation-control/products-offer/range-presentation.page?c_filepath=/templatedata/Offer_Presentation/3_Range_Datasheet/data/en/shared/automation_and_control/modicon_m340.xml&f=NNM1:pAC%2C+PLC+%26+other+Controllers~!NNM2:pACs~!NNM3:Modicon+M340#

Here is the link to a list of all the manual for UnityPro
http://www.schneider-electric.com/sites/corporate/en/products-services/automation-control/products-offer/range-presentation.page?c_filepath=/templatedata/Offer_Presentation/3_Range_Datasheet/data/en/shared/automation_and_control/unity_pro.xml&f=F13%3AAutomation%20and%20Control~!NNM1:Software~!NNM2:pAC+%26+PLC+Programming+Software~!NNM3:Unity+Pro#

Hope this helps

EDIT: It appears the links don't go straight to the lists - but they will get you close. In each case just go the link on each page titled technical publications

Last edited:
I wouldnt want to question you when you say the fault has been resolved on the card, but from what i've seen normally the i/o faults reset even without resetting the plc. What error does the card say it has when you check in the rack viewer?

basically just indicates the I/O error, puts the program in stop mode.
When the condition is fixed I try to use the power reset button on the processor. However the fault is still there until I log on then tell the program to run. Fault clears all is good.
On the other cards such as the digital input/output card. We had an I/O fault on one of them and when the condition was fixed its I/O fault cleared no stop in the program Fault also cleared itself in that case)

It looks as though its something specific to just this one card. I've called Sneider electric on it and still waiting for his reply on what can be causing the non reset. This is a major concern as this processor is mounted on an Oil feild truck more spefically an N2 unit.
So a shutdown on the field would be a very bad thing for business when the truck can produce 50k per day. They need a reliable system so a single sensor error etc shutting down the processor would cost a lot of money. Were currently designing some manuals work arounds.
One of the things were designing is a stand alone switch circuit to control the selector relay to two proportional driver boards.
However there is more pumps that have to be looked into and the other pumps have PID controlled by the Modicum.
This particular pump has the PID with the proportional controllers.

There is some very wierd stuff done on this wiring, The other problem we encountered related to this is that they have two photoeyes to count strokes whose signals have been split to handle both a digital input as well as the counting card input, when we got on site there was a pullup resistor on one of the sensors as there was not enough driving current to trigger both inputs at the same time. So we opted to replace that resistor with a mosfet switching circuit, I'll be heading out to site today to try this Idea out. However failing that I wrote a modification that when the digital input card sees the sensor output that condition to a new output which I may wire or may not wire to the input on the counting card, thus allowing the sensor to be plugged solely into the digital input card. I have to check and may sure the output won't blow the input of the other card first.