Keyence KV help

Saint AAI

Hi, I'm trying to download a very simple program to a Keyence KV 10 PLC using the ladder builder software. The problem I have is when I try to connect and I choose the comms settings, it will not allow me to select a comm port as nothing appears in the drop down menu. I'm running XP on my PC and laptop, is this an issue with the ladder builder software being 16 bit or something like that?? I have also tried using the other software thats available that allows an upload and download without the ladder builder software and that does the same. Has anyone else had this problem? In the meantime I'm going to try and dig out an old laptop with a much older OS.

Thanks, Shane.

ladder builder is still compatible with windows xp, does your laptop has a built-in serial port or just use a usb to serial converter? ladder builder is not compatible with any usb to serials i've tried.

I've sorted it now. My laptop doesn't have an in built serial port, I'm using a PCMA card. I've got it to work on my PC now. I had RSLinx open so it was using the port (Doh!).

Last edited: