Finally a Red Lion G3 but with Siemens

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Guys,

I have finally managed to persuade THE BOSS to let me start to replace some of our older panel PC's with something a little bit newer and user friendly.

The first update will be on our Siemens S7-400 PLC's, where I will be installing the Red Lion G315C210. I am used to programming Rockwell such as RSLogix 5000, and 500, using factorytalk ME as the HMI.

I have been doing a fair bit of reading on the Red Lion website and have been reading through the Crimson manual, but everything I have read has information on how to set the Red Lion up with Ethernet to Siemens PLC's. At present I haven't got the option to go with Ethernet, only Profibus.

Maybe if it is easier I can add an ethernet module to the Siemens S7-400, but for now I need to go with what I have got.

Has anybody set a Red Lion up with Profibus and can you give me some pointers as to how hard or easy it was.

Cheers

Mark