Right Click Event FactoryTalk View SE

zacslade

Hi all,

I'm working on a project in Factorytalk View Studio SE, 8.10.00.

I want to make a context menu which will display information about a certain device whenever the user mouse's-over that device. One of my coworkers told me that might take too much work in FactoryTalk View, and that I should settle for just changing the context menu when the user right-clicks the device.

It can't be left-click, because that's being used for navigation. The context menu was specifically requested by the customer.

I don't see a way to do either right-click or mouse-over events in FactoryTalk View.

Any tips? Ideas?

I not sure if this is the answer you are looking for but,
Have you thought about using the "Tooltip" setting when hovering the mouse cursor over the object you want information about?

Hi Kuulkuum,

Thanks for the response. I thought about the tooltip, but I want to show too much information for tooltips to be a practical option in this case.