Uploading and Downloading panel view 1500 plus program file

Altaf Belim

I want to upload the current running program in panel view 1500 plus I have the RSview studio software but don't knot the exact cable for communication with panel view. If some one know how to upload and download the programm in panel view 1500 plus let me know.

Altaf Belim

Ethernet crossover if direct to pc (straight if on a switch/hub etc) or serial (not sure on which serial cable as i only ever use ethernet)

RSLinx

You should get the PanelView on the RSLinx network. RS232 uses a straight modem cable 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3 etc. Ethernet make sure your Window firewall is off and attempt to ping (crossover cable necessary). I'm not familiar with your panel enough to answer detailed questions.

Ok first things first. Power up the PView and using the touch screen give the unit an IP address (using your network config info).

Connect the unit to your network.

Start RSLinx and assign a Ethernet/IP comms driver (Configuration).

Search for the PView in RSLinx..... this insures that the PView can be seen and is communicating correctly.

Open Factory Talk View and goto Transfer File.

View should "see" the PView.

Assign MER file to the PView (Internal memory) and download.

FYI..... ensure that for your first attempts that "Run automatically" is NOT selected.

Also insert a Shutdown button to a menu... this ensures that you don't have to cycle power when a reload is required.

When the download is complete load the application (PView) and use the screns default comms settings.

You'll get the hang once you get comms sorted.