FX PLC RS422 Port

shrirampendse

I have FX 2n PLC having RS422 8pin Minidin port. Ideally we should use Mitsubishi programming cable built in with RS232 RS422 convertor. But I found that If I connect this port with simple RS232 cable , it works. Now, am I going to damage the port by connecting RS422 din port to my computers Com port , directly, without usual convertor?

Mitsubishi Experts pls clarify.
Thanks.

Mitsubishi Programming Cable

Dear CLXenggr,
For Communicating with Mitsubishi FX 2N PLC you need SC09 Cable. Other option is make yourself, if you have expertise (Compentency) in Electronics.
You Quoted : "If I connect this port with simple RS232 cable, it works. Now, am I going to damage the port by connecting RS422 din port to my computers Com port , directly, without usual convertor?"
I don't understand your question?
Repost your question or Mail me.
Bye,

FX plc cable

Thanks for the replies.

I am using the cable shown on this post, only thing I wanted clarification as port electricals differ on Comport and FX RS422 port.
Dear CLXenggr,
For Communicating with Mitsubishi FX 2N PLC you need SC09 Cable. Other option is make yourself, if you have expertise (Compentency) in Electronics.
You Quoted : "If I connect this port with simple RS232 cable, it works. Now, am I going to damage the port by connecting RS422 din port to my computers Com port , directly, without usual convertor?"
I don't understand your question?
Repost your question or Mail me.
Bye,