Trouble with 1734sc-IF4U?

BAJ

Good morning,

I had trouble getting my new 1734 I/O drop up and running yesterday during machine checkout, and again today after power-off/on over night. The AENTR is showing error 16#0010.

I have the number of slots set to 11 (correct) in the AENTR web interface, but when I browse the chassis, it won't find any modules after the last OB8E (slot 6).

Yesterday I took the 1734 apart, swapped modules, swapped bases and eventually got it to work (not sure how exactly).

This morning I'm in the same boat. The OB8E in slot 6 is the last module that shows up in the webserver chassis browse and the 1734sc-IF4U in slot 7. I tried swapping IF4U modules in slot 7, tried swapping 1734-TOPS bases in slots 6 and 7, nothing works. I moved the OE4C to slot 7 and the displaced IF4U to slot 10, now the chassis browse works. Studio5k shows the drop healthy too (other than the module mis-match in slots 7 and 10).

Any thoughts on what else I can try or what might be causing this?

Here's my config, the webserver chassis browse scan with the modules in the order I have them designed to be (finds nothing after slot 6), and a second scan with the first IF4U swapped with the OE4C (finds modules in all 10 slots).

Selection_121.png Selection_124.png Selection_123.png

Check out answer id 585592 on the RA site. There's a funky config issue w/ the spectrum stuff and the safety modules.

if you swapped the position of 2 modules you must reconfigure the I/O tree to match what's there. If they don't match you get the yellow flag and it will not read correctly.

Figured it out, the 24vdc common was intermittent to the field devices/ch-, loose TB screw. I wouldn't have expected that to take down the whole 1734 drop though.

Just talked to my customer, this continues to be a problem on this system. It didn't happen any more during commissioning, but it's become intermittent now when they cycle power on the system. If they unplug the cable on the field device-end on the 4th (last) sensor on the 1734sc-IF4U and cycle power again, the Point I/O drop comes up just fine. Then they can plug the sensor cable in and everything works fine. They tried replacing the cable from the module to the 4th device, and tried swapping field devices, nothing fixed it. This is a problem with the 1734sc-IF4U. Whatever checks they are doing at power-up that cause this fault is messed up because the inputs work fine after it's powered up. That's some bad firmware. The only thing the IF4U's are really good for is being a 3-point T/C input module, I would not use it for anything else. Between this and all the other issues we've had with these modules, it's highly unlikely that I will be using them again.