question on define address in unity pro xl

qikuidg

hi,everyone,i had searched on this website in order to find a solution,but there are no answers about my question here. my question is when i define a variables in unity pro,i have to make the variables's address form "%q***"or "%i***".but i want to import these variables into vijeo-designer and it said the form of the address were wrong,it need the form such as 0*****,1*****etc, but i can't define such address in unity pro.how can i do with this problems,thanks very much.

Vijeo wants the address in modbus format (0xxxx = outputs, 1xxxx = inputs 4xxxx = registers)
so
address in unity %qxxxx and in vijeo 0xxxx(+1) for example %q0008 would be 00009
address in unity %ixxxx and in vijeo 1xxxx(+1) for example %i0008 would be 10009
address in unity %mwxxxx and in vijeo 4xxxx(+1) for example %mw0008 would be 40009
The offset is because modbus addresses start at 1 while iec addressing starts at 0

First time we did a 984 to Unity conversion I bumped into the same thing.

Schneider in their wisdom doesnt actually TELL you thid anywhere in their documentation.

I ended up using %MW for 40000 registers and %M for coils.
You just assign whatever variable you want to hit with the correct %M address then hit the same one from Vijeo.
Bear in mind you can use the regular UniTelway driver with Vijeo and not worry about the -1 offset.

If you were getting data from the PLC via a Modbus port then you would have to use the offset.

thanks for both replys,but my problem is that i had buillt plenty variables in unity pro,their address form with "%Q\2.3\1.11.32","%I\2.3\1.6.9".i want to import these variables into vijeo_designer.during importing, it notice me the address form is wrong ,it only need the form such as "0*****","1*****",but i can't define this form in unity pro.how can i do for it,i don't like redefine these variable into vijeo_designer again.

Not sure but I thought you could select iec format in Vijeo somewhere?
If not you could export from Unity, open the file in Excel, edit it (replace %i with 10, then add 1) then import into Vijeo.

Youll have to switch the Vijeo application from a Modbus IO driver that wants 1xxxx and 0xxxxx to a UniTelway one that works with all the %xx type addresses.
I'm not really sure if you can hit %I and %Q directly even using that.

I mapped all mine to %M and %MW addresses so I could hit them with both UniTelway in their % format and Modbus by using the 40000 version.

If this all sounds a bit confusing, try figuring it out from scratch!

In effect
there are double-ups of variables in Unity Pro?

there will be the actual variable
then the re-mapped variable
and the SCADA package will be reading the address of the re-mapped variable?

wish a nice day for all;)
Q1:i have a question related to unity pro addressing when connecting between plc and scada tags and begin in testing some tags doesn't work properly (not give the required animation) and when changing address it work correctly although no tag take the same address jn plc.
icon6.gif
!!!!!!!!!!
Q2:when the same tag in the Q1 which dosen't worked due to address when testing another tag ,,, IT WORK AND GIVE STATUS=1 (BOOL) !!!!!!!!!!!!
icon9.gif

I need to bite clarifications????
thanks in advance

Unity pro addressing

wish a nice day for all;)
Q1:i have a question related to unity pro addressing when connecting between plc and scada tags and begin in testing some tags doesn't work properly (not give the required animation) and when changing address it work correctly although no tag take the same address jn plc.
icon6.gif
!!!!!!!!!!
Q2:when the same tag in the Q1 which dosen't worked due to address when testing another tag ,,, IT WORK AND GIVE STATUS=1 (BOOL) !!!!!!!!!!!!
icon9.gif

I need to bite clarifications????
thanks in advance