S7-400 communication PDV to PLC problem

TBMALEPPO

We are using siemens S7-400 analog-inputs (SM431 6 ES7431-1KF00-0AB0) and PC for data acquisition via PDV software to absorb, process, visulise and to evaluate all data arising in connection with the tunneling machine.

The communication between screen PC and PLC have a problem e.g. important limiting values, control parameters such as temperature, maximum and minimum distance for steering jacks and other values which have to be adjusted via a screen after put in and adjustment it could not send to PLC correctly and pursuant this happen some of networks in the PLC don’t active then we don’t have related output.

This communication is bidirectional as some of measuring data which have acquired by the measuring sensors e.g. thrust cylinders stroke, cutter head speed, steering jacks stroke could not send to screen PC for visualizing.

We found out some of analog input (PIW) addresses switched between items in the data block 40(DB40) e.g. maximum steering jack stroke 250 mm put in via screen PC its real address is d117 while it send to d123 that is reserve.

Finally, we changed some of them by PG or correct them by FC105 and machine is working.

Whereas this matter is important to working of machine continuously and safely it would be appreciated if you tell us how we can solve this problem completely and what have caused this happen?

Last edited:
Hello TBMAleppo;

Could you give details on what PDV software is?
What you describe seems to be a standard HMI project, which requires a communication driver between the PLC and the program that runs on the PC. Once comms have been established, tags (in the PC program) have to be linked to addresses in the PLC so that data exchanges can be correct.
The PLC program should have instructions to transfer data from the protocol destination area to your process DB. Have these rungs been checked? A PLC shouold not "loose" its program easily, if it is battery-protected, or if there is a EPROM card in the memory slot.
What communication protocol are you using between the PLC and the PC? What hardware/software interfaces are you using?

We found out some of analog input (PIW) addresses switched between items in the data block 40

Are the mistaken addresses you refer to in the PC program or in the PLC?
Did they work before and lost their connections somehow, or is this an initial programming error in the PDV software? Are they simply MOVE instructions in the PLC program?
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier