Proficy Machine Edition 6.5 Custom Blocks

MadPLC

Hey Everyone

I'm new to GE PLC programming with Proficy and am having an issue I can't seem to figure out. I created a custom block with parameters and want to re use it throughout my program. The problem is when I use it more than once with unique tags it doesn't act as two seperate blocks, they work "together" so to speak. They have unique block names but they don't act independantly.
I guess my question is did I make this block correctly or do I have to create unique instances in the database before I can use it? There are unique instances as shown in screen two but they still don't seem to work independantly. I have attached screens but if you can help but need more info please let me know.
Thanks
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/screen1ay.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/screen2exx.jpg/

Yeah it's the clock kb article. I tried the knowledge base but wasn't having luck with my searches. What did you search for?
Thanks again

Symbolic variables! You need them. We use them, we call the User Defined Function Blocks/Objects and UDFBs or Objects for short. The PACs allow them not sure about older ones,I too am Noobie.

Judging from the pictures, the timer you are using in the UDFB is not part of the UDFB. Make the timer a member of type TON, then its name will appear in the same color as the other variables of the UDFB.

@dYoast

I think that got it. I guess using the same timer for all the instructions wasn't a good call.

Thanks for the help