Factory Talk Activation

MARC 2014

Has anybody had trouble with Factory Talk Activation not being able to find an activation on win 7 pro? Factory talk resides on the same machine as RSview and for some reason it does not see the activation for RSview RT. I have rehosted the activation. On the rehost page it shows up. The file is in the folder where the RSlinx Activation is and it see that one.

In the Activation Manager,go to the "Advanced" tab and click on "Refresh Server", The "server state" should then say "refreshing" and then go back to "running".
Go back to "manage activations" and "find available activations" - if they are all in the same directory, it should find them all....

I am having exactly the same issues at the moment.

The licenses are there in the activations folder and everything is pointing to them but they do not show up in FTA Manager.

I have been on the phone with Rockwell for 2 days now.

Rockwell have even done a remote desktop session to my laptop but still no further forward.

This is for Studio V21 and FactoryTalk ME studio V7.0.

If we find anything I'll let you know.

Cheers

Mark

Propapbly, not the case, but:
- Concurrent licenses require FT Activation Server, not Client.
- Open the FT activation Manager, and under Advanced tab ensure the server is running.
- The activation must be listed in Available Activations, under the Manage Activations tab.