RSLINX Classic IP list?

Toyotiac

Hello all,
I'm migrating to a new PC and would like to copy the RSLinx Classic Ethernet IP configuration list (in excess of 100 addresses) to the new PC instead of manually entering them. Is this possible? A search revealed an old thread (48991) posing this same question, but it was unanswered. Thank you.

I have never used this, so don't know if it will give you what you need. Give it a go .

Run the Backup/Restore utility
This utility allows you to backup and restore configured drivers, DDE/OPC topics, network shortcuts, CIP Options, Interchange port mappings, and associated registry entries. To run the utility:

Backup
Click the Start menu and select Programs > Rockwell Software > RSLinx > RSLinx Classic Backup Restore Utility.

Click Backup.

Select a name for the backup file.

Click Save. The backup utility displays a process status window.

Restore
Click the Start menu and select Programs > Rockwell Software > RSLinx > RSLinx Classic Backup Restore Utility.

Click Restore.

Select the file you wish to restore.

Click Open. The restore utility displays a process status window.

You'll spend less time re-entering the addresses than you will figuring out and setting it up.

Actually, it works really slick and is a lot faster than even re-entering a couple IP addresses.
It's already installed when you install RSLinx too...just find it in the Start Menu foldeer and click it. :)

That .rsx file will save a lot of manual typing!
We've got 5 drivers set up in our RSLinx config (DF-1, ETH, ETHIP, KT-1, 1747-UIC)...all of em backed up in a little 6Kb file. I keep a current copy on my work thumb drive just in case one of the other techs porks up either of (or both) our laptops.

The rsx file is the only way to go for large networks with lots of drivers involved. We have about 150 PLCs on 14 different drivers (some are duplicate types used for logical segregation of equipment).

I can load that rsx file onto a laptop or any other PC with network access and it will work. Different revisions of Linx (within reason) don't seem to matter...it works really well. I think it includes any configured DDE/OPC topics too. Those topics can get automatically created by RSLogix but never automatically removed (depending on version) so sometimes I end up with dozens of DDE topics and duplications every time I do a save as in Logix with a new filename. So it might be good idea to look at configured topics and blow away those that might be unused to reduce the chance of corrupting your harmony files.