Make modifications with a FT View SE Station license

soyxan

Hello,

We are developing a FTView SE 8.0 stand alone application in an engineering computer with a "FT V Studio for FTV Enterprise (RSV.STUDIO)" license. Once finished, we will backup the application (APA file) and then retore it in an operation station that has a "FT View SE Station 100 Disp (RSVSE.100)" license.

My question is if we will be able to make small changes on the operation station such as alarm log database creation (the tables on the SQL database are created from the FactoryTalk View Studio), user and policies modification or even small changes in a GFX.

We have tried to start Factory View Studio in the operation computer and it runs but it "grace period". How long will be this "grace period"? Will it restart when the computer is rebooted?

Thanks in advance!

You will have to install FTViewSE Studio on the computer with standalone and have access to your license on there.

IF you are on the same network, you can use your development PC as an application server as well to host the license and point the FTViewSE install on your production computer to the license server, or you can rehost the license on the development PC, install on production PC, rehost and then put back on development PC.

If they are in separate networks/companies the easiest thing would be to make a dongle while you make the move.

You will then have to change the settings you mentioned and point the application to the new DB, etc.

You will have to install FTViewSE Studio on the computer with standalone and have access to your license on there.

IF you are on the same network, you can use your development PC as an application server as well to host the license and point the FTViewSE install on your production computer to the license server, or you can rehost the license on the development PC, install on production PC, rehost and then put back on development PC.

If they are in separate networks/companies the easiest thing would be to make a dongle while you make the move.

You will then have to change the settings you mentioned and point the application to the new DB, etc.

Yes both PC are on the same network and FTView SE Studio was already installed on the production PC, so if I am understanding right, the developement PC could be somtehing like a "license server" and the production PC can "take" the license when the FTView SE Studio is started. How can this be done? Do I have to configure anything to give access to the license on the development PC?

On the other hand, what do you mean by "you can use your development PC as an application server"?

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant "Use your development PC as a licensing server."

You do that with factorytalk activation manager. Then other machines can check out the license and you point FTA on your production machine to the license server.

if your license is only one use, unless stated otherwise, you cant make it redistributable. 7 day grace period for the unlicensed PC so either buy a new or leave license in operator station. You cannot open runtime or development after grace period if the number of screens is more than limit AFAIK.