Usb to serial converter with mitsubishi Fx PLC

Liam 28

Hi all im having a problem connecting my laptop a philips freevents 11NB5800 to my mitsubishi PLC using the prolific usb serial connector. I can connect with my opc server for my scada software package to the PLC but when I run a connection test through Gx Developer i get a error saying "Cannot communicate with PLC. Excute again after checking the connection with PLC. And a code <ES:018002007>". I have checked on my PC which com port is been used and its COM 4 and in GX developer I went to ONLINE then TRANSFERE SETUP and changed the com port to COM 4 and ran the connection test but keep getting a error.What i find strange is I can connect through OPC server to PLC through the usb serial connecter but not through GX developer with the lead. Any help would be great.

Usb to serial

Thanks for the PDF but I cant even get that far to download the program thats in it . It wont let me connect to the PLC through GX but it wiil through OPC server.

In relation to opc server using the com port I checked this and its not been used bycom as far I can see.Some one has suggested that it could be my operating system windows vista that its not compatable with GX Developer.

Hi Liam,
I do believe that GX Developer IS NOT Vista compatible (thats why I still use good old XP Pro)

I use a Maplins USB to Serial adaptor with no problems at all

Have you got a colleague etc with XP that you could test your USB adaptor on?

Cheers

USB Serial Converter

Hi cjd1965

I have tried my lead on a friends computer which has Xp and Gx Developer and it works fine but what i find strange is i can communicate with the Plc through OPC server which belongs to my scada and with my lead and computer and it works fine but when i try to communucate through Gx developer i get a error. I think your right that vista is not compataible but it let me load the software on my computer.Cheers for info.