Possible to transfer a program to RSLogix 5000

Hello,

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but wanted to verify with the experts.

Am I able to write a program using the Micro Starter Lite free software, and then transfer it to RSLogix 5000? We only have one seat of the RSLogix 5000, and I was hoping to program a ML 1200 and then transfer it when ready. Thank you.

A couple of key points for your question.

Micro Starter light can only be used to program the MicroLogix 1000 and 1100, not the 1200.

RSLogix 5000 does not program any of the MicroLogix family of controllers. Did you mean to say RSLogix 500? In either case the Micro Starter will not work for the initial question of programming the MicroLogix 1200.

Hope this helps you out.

If you program the ML and post the zipped program here I am sure someone could open it, change the CPU type to SLC5/05, verify and post it for you - hopefully mentioning any verify errors that popped up.

Then you could use the free convert utility from Rockwell to change the 5/05 program to Studio5K

A couple of key points for your question.

Micro Starter light can only be used to program the MicroLogix 1000 and 1100, not the 1200.

RSLogix 5000 does not program any of the MicroLogix family of controllers. Did you mean to say RSLogix 500? In either case the Micro Starter will not work for the initial question of programming the MicroLogix 1200.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the feedback. I did mean to say RSLogix 500. This helps.

If you program the ML and post the zipped program here I am sure someone could open it, change the CPU type to SLC5/05, verify and post it for you - hopefully mentioning any verify errors that popped up.

Then you could use the free convert utility from Rockwell to change the 5/05 program to Studio5K

Thanks! Seems like the better thing is to either purchase a ML1100 and program with the free software I have, or purchase another seat of RSlogix500 software.

If I was going to purchase the RSLogix Micro Developer or Starter edition software, are those only available through a dealer? I could not find an option to purchase on Rockwell website.

you'll need to buy it from an Allen-Bradley/Rockwell distributor ...

but ...

if you're going to a school (you didn't say) you might be able to get a deal ... sometimes they'll be able to set you up with a cheaper price - or maybe even a free "time limited" license ...

good luck with it ... and welcome to the forum ...