OT - ANZAC, lest we forget.

PLCnovice61

To all my fellow Australian and New Zealanders, l wish to give thanks to all the past and present Armed forces and of course the main reason for today, to remember all the people who died fighting for our freedom.
Least we forget.

To anyone not aware of what l'm posting about, today April 25 is the day we remember our fallen, fighting in all the past wars.
ANZAC, Australian New Zealand Army Corps.

I wish also to give my condolences to the people we were fighting against in the first and second world wars, as like them, we were only following orders from the politicians.

Thank you also to America as well for finally coming to the assistance of the free world and now how it keeps it's allies free to be a democracy, as there are countries out there that don't want use to be.
LEST WE FORGET

Really good post for us Aussies. Very different this year - no public services due to COVID-19 of course.

I do miss going to the Air Force base in Wagga Wagga with my brother in law at 4AM for the dawn service. Rum and milk before the service of course - and then beer and skittles for the rest of the day. ASfter the serious stuff of course.

There has been a fair amount of coverage overhere about how different it was this year. I found some of the scenes to be quite poignant.

In watching the news last night there were some great examples of how people have altered the dawn services to suit the restraints imposed by Covid-19. Even a 10 year old ? playing a trumpet blowing the "Last Post" in his street. My wife and l had the TV "Last Post" up loud, sounding over our little kingdom, with a light on, standing on the Balcony.
BobB, l hope you are able to have your reunion next year and the hangover to remember it by.
Lest we forget.

Our entire street was out for the Dawn Driveway Service. The suburb was filled with the actual playing of bagpipes and The Last Post on any instrument people had. I was impressed at the effort and the gravity of the occasion was certainly present.

It saddens me to say, that my wife and l were the only ones in our 12 house street that were up. Our street is very friendly, we even have a new years day party, but it seems ANZAC that's a different story. I also see very few from this little area up at the Dawn Service which see's a great turn out from the community and lots of the younger generation there, which is very heartening. Great to hear Jeev that your street remembers, it would have been very moving l'm sure.