Visual basic editor programming for RS view32

Manikanta1376

Dear experts,
I am want to program RS view32 with help of Microsoft visual basic (visual basic editor).
But how to start I don't know,please suggest me.
If possible send small example program.

Thanks you sir.

DISCLAIMER: it's been many years since I've worked with RSView32 ... the version back then was 6.5 ...

when you loaded the RSView32 software on your computer - you were "probably" given an option of installing a SAMPLE application ... if you'll open that sample and go to the very end of the menu tree, there should be (hopefully) an example of Visual Basic code included there ...

I'll try to attach a copy of the sample VB code here - just in case you don't have access to it on your computer ... you can open it as a simple TEXT file using Windows Notebook, etc. ...

keep in mind that you won't be able to program the ENTIRE RSView32 project in VB - you'll need to work with the graphics and logic editors too ... VB was only intended to add the types of features that would have been extremely tedious to work with in the "regular" logic coding ...

good luck with your project ...

Last edited:
Sir,
This sample file is too difficult to understand,can you please guide me.

When we start the project it shows RS view32 sample -main menu.

When we start the project how it automatically show the "RS view32 sample main menu"

Please explain this logic please

Screenshot_2020-04-30-08-36-22-64.jpg

first see if you can get to the "graphics" features shown below ... experiment and see how the animation is done ...

once you know how to handle these types of features - THEN you can try to tackle Visual Basic ...

Question: tell us what makes you interested in using Visual Basic for this project?

Visual Basic is usually a VERY small part of the RSView32 software ...

RSV_A.PNG

This sample file is too difficult to understand,can you please guide me.

it takes many (most?) students a full semester of study to gain an understanding of Visual Basic ... there is not enough time available for us to go through the logic in a forum like this ...

When we start the project it shows RS view32 sample -main menu.

When we start the project how it automatically show the "RS view32 sample main menu"

Please explain this logic please

I'm not sure that I understand your question ... if you are asking how the software knows to display the "Demos" graphic file (the main menu) whenever it first starts up - then the screen shot below might help ...

the picture that you posted earlier shows that you DO have the SAMPLES program that I mentioned ... the CD that you downloaded that from should have come in a set of TWO disks ... the other disk is a TUTORIAL that should help answer most of your beginning questions ...

QUESTIONS: do you have that other disk - and if so - have you already gone through it? ...

RSV_B.PNG

Last edited:
@Ron. Your patience is commendable.

@Manikanta. Maybe it would help people to answer your questions if you could tell us what you hope to achieve. Diving in to the world of Visual Basic is not normally the first option for most people when learning a SCADA package: Do you have previous experience programming in VB or any other high level language?

Best regards,

Nick

QUESTIONS: do you have that other disk - and if so - have you already gone through it? ...
.[/QUOTE]

I don't have another disk,I am using RS view32 (2 hours demo ) software,
Thank you sir.

Sir,
Thanks you for your valuable suggestions.

In our industry using RS view32 software,in that project visual basic editor(vba floder) one file open it attached below how to understand this logics.
please help sir.

Screenshot_2020-04-16-01-00-37-67.jpg

your latest picture is NOT a VB code file ... I'm not sure what this file is used for since you didn't include the file's name ... I'm just GUESSING but it seems to be one of the VBA system's executable files ...

regardless ...

learning how THIS particular file works is almost certainly a waste of your time ... if you are determined to work with Visual Basic in the RSView32 system, then you need to access the VBA workspace that I've shown below ...

try clicking around on the screen that I showed you in Post #4 until you get this feature to open up ...

at this point, I'm still not sure WHY you want to concentrate on the Visual Basic feature of RSView32 when there is so much more to learn ... my advice is that you work with the graphics features first - and learn how they are animated ... those features are much more important than Visual Basic in most applications ...

unless you have some really special need, then you are probably going to spend a LOT of time learning about the wrong part of the system ...

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your project - but due to the limited time I have available, I won't be able to offer more help than I've already given you ...

RSV_C.PNG

Last edited:
one more shot ...

I finally found my old copy of the RSView32 Demo Disk ... mine is version 6.5 – but yours may be different ...

use Windows to Explore your disk and see if you can find the OnlinDoc folder (yes, the letter "e" is left out as shown) ... back when this was produced, file and folder names could only have eight letters ...

anyway there are several Adobe PDF books in that folder that should keep you busy for quite awhile ...

the User's Guide contains 772 pages
the Runtime User's Guide has another 96 pages
the Getting Results Guide has 128 pages

you've got some studying to do ...

I suggest that you start with the Getting Results Guide ... I've shown an example of the Help sections in that book which pertain to Visual Basic ...

note that I still don't think that it's a good idea for you to start learning RSView32 (and Manglemender agrees) - but you seem determined to tackle the software from that end ...

just a tip in case you haven't realized it yet ... the name "BASIC" can be misleading ...

once again, I wish you the very best of luck with your project ...

stay safe ... stay well ...

RSV_D.PNG

Last edited: