OT : Are routers good as Network Switches

I'm definitely not a commie not that I have anything against commies...they are people too as people are some not very informed and brainwashed "not commies" who think these companies or agencies care about laws. There are countless of cases when companies sell user information or US agencies monitoring user all around the world.
It seems that dont follow the news but I don't want to post any links to prove as this a PLC forum and not a war room.

I'm sure that my Xiaomi phone is sending data about anything I do to some servers in China but also sure that Google, Facebook and Apple do exactly the same without my consent so please don't be so naive.

So it's ok for US companies to harvest data from users (Facebook, Microsoft, CIA) but it's not ok for Chinese?

Please quote my full post in future. You missed out the bit where I said that it is fair that China can get away with this practice and others can't.

I was simply adding context from a reliable source, FYI seplicity is a sub-division of a Firewall company.

Facebook amazes me....if you have it on your phone, check out the permissions you gave it.
It has the permissions to use or access:
your Camera
your Microphone
you Phone

your Contacts
your Location
your Storage
your Calendar

You can go to permissions and turn off some or all of these....but a lot of people do not know that.

No wonder they know so much about you....
sounds almost criminal

On the other hand, when a consumer purchase a router from HUAWEI, he/she did not expect that router is spying on ALL activities and sent it the Chinese government. And we all know from the past and present experience, many intellectual properties are stolen by the Chinese.

Enough said!
Again, where do you get that, what proof do you have as you are probably typing on a Chinese made laptop right now.

There are risks, there is no proof and people have dug deep into their codes to find something and so far nothing. The real question is and this is from reading I done is that can Huawei resist pressure to spy if they are order to do so.

Intellectual property is a different subject matter and I agree there are tons of of problem on that front.

lastly, please be respectful. Words like N*z* or co**ies are deeply hurtful as millions of people have perished under these type of despots.

where do you get that

Doesn't apply to Huawei, but another data point; third hand story:

A caucasian male was offered a job specifically because he could go to trade shows, go to a competitor's booth and take (surreptitious?) measurements of the equipment on display without being chased away. The people at the company offering the job were from China, were not caucasian, and had been chased away from booths for that behavior. I'm not saying the people at the booth assumed, maybe incorrectly, that they were stealing IP; I'm saying the company was hiring someone specifically to steal IP.

It doesn't get much more blatant than that.

Speculation:

The disrespect for IP could be cultural and not malicious, like driving 5-10mph over a speed limit in the US.

Doesn't apply to Huawei, but another data point; third hand story:

A caucasian male was offered a job specifically because he could go to trade shows, go to a competitor's booth and take (surreptitious?) measurements of the equipment on display without being chased away. The people at the company offering the job were from China, were not caucasian, and had been chased away from booths for that behavior. I'm not saying the people at the booth assumed, maybe incorrectly, that they were stealing IP; I'm saying the company was hiring someone specifically to steal IP.

It doesn't get much more blatant than that.

Speculation:

The disrespect for IP could be cultural and not malicious, like driving 5-10mph over a speed limit in the US.

We produce diary farming equipment and exhibit it at many shows around the world.
At most of these Chinese guys with these small Go Pro type cameras trying to take photos of our equipment from any angle they can. In the beginning we were chasing them away but in the end they are so many that we just let them do it.