Rockwell - RSLinx - View SE - What license is it using?

Tanquen

Is there something like Help About that will tell you that each Rockwell application is licensed? The Activation Manager just shows every activation you add to the PC as In Use and Borrowed. I currently have no license and I thought I recalled it saying you have 7 days someplace.

Activation Manager in the FT later versions tells you all of the products licensed.
Previously you could look for licenses in the EMove program. As you have found, by the sound of it, your aren't licensed.
Under the "Help" tab in the IDE, "About" tells you if it is Licensed as well.
The 7 days license is when you install you have 7 days to license OR if it was licensed and someone borrowed the License it stays licensed for 7 days.

Application manager just tells you you have licenses but how do you tell if RSlinks for example has found a license and is actively using it? I don't have a license but it's not telling me that I have 7 days or anything under help about.

under "Help" >> "About" it will say it's licensed to you/company, but as l have just tested if NOT fully functional/Licensed, across the top banner it will say RSLinx Classic Lite.

Last edited:
RSLinx will open and display RSLinx Classic Lite if there is no license. If there is a license you will see RSLinx Classic followed by the type of license. for example, mine says RSLinx Classic Gateway.

Most other programs will either refuse to open and display a pop up telling you it requires a license, or it will give you a pop up telling you that you are in grace or "demo" mode.

OG

RSLinx will open and display RSLinx Classic Lite if there is no license. If there is a license you will see RSLinx Classic followed by the type of license. for example, mine says RSLinx Classic Gateway.

Most other programs will either refuse to open and display a pop up telling you it requires a license, or it will give you a pop up telling you that you are in grace or "demo" mode.

OG

RSLinx is not licensed but shows RSLinx Classic Gateway. I did see that if I move the mouse over the system tray icon it shows the activation info and the time remaining in the grace period. I just wish they would all show clearly on the help about page.