Micro 820 serial communication

NASK_SL

I have micro 820 (2080-LC20-20QWB) . I need it to communicate with Arduino.Can I use Modbus serial ? I think voltage level is different(not checked yet) , I can manage it using a IC (Max).

if I need to send a string massage to a arduino from PLC , how can I use CCW?
thank you

In general, you can use the Micro 802 as a Modbus RTU protocol "master", and use function blocks to read and write Modbus protocol registers in a Modbus RTU "slave".

The Micro 820 serial port has a screw-terminal connection with both RS-232 and RS-485 signal levels available.

These are not directly compatible with the TTL signals on most Arudio UART ports. You need a shield or plug-in converter to RS-232 or RS-485.

Which Modbus library are you running on the Arduino ? Which model of Arduino ?

thank you very much for support I wish to use Uno board . could I know if I use MOD_BUS message function block in CCW how set parameters and what need other function blocks?

thank you

Any possibility of using a RaspberryPi rather than an Arduino? If you can use something like a Pi, I can help you communicate with it via Ethernet I/P

geniusintraining and dmroeder thank your support. \

geniusintraining, your pdf only mentions how to configure modbus serial , but I need to know how use function blocks for mod-bus serial communication

dmroeder , I am interesting to RaspberryPi, but 820 have only one Ethernet port, event it doesn't have USB port. therefore if i go with pi I have to get network switch. first up all I need to write complete PLC side , i need to know function block usage

if any body know it please help me