Editing Wonderware Suitelink parameters

BKoch

I am using the Allen Bradley Supervisory Server (OI.ABCIP) to connect to a compactlogix PLC through Wonderware. This object has a set of parameters I can edit to change how it functions.

Wonderware communicates to this using a service called Suitelink. I have noticed my HMI losing connection to the PLC every so often, especially if something intensive is happening on the HMI and in my searching for the reason I found this message in the log of SMC:
18726800 6/6/2020 9:32:02 AM 13892 14024 Info WWSLS SuiteLink has been suspended for 5 cycles, resuming automatically
18726801 6/6/2020 9:32:02 AM 13892 14024 Info WWSLS Consider increasing MaxComfortableQueueDepth, currently 100
18726802 6/6/2020 9:32:02 AM 13892 14024 Info WWSLS Consider increasing MinComfortableQueueDepth, currently 20
18726803 6/6/2020 9:32:02 AM 13892 14024 Info WWSLS Consider increasing CountToTriggerOverload, currently 1
Up to this point I assumed Suitelink used the ABCIP parameters, however these variables are not in the ABCIP and I can not find where they live. Does anyone know how I can change these variables?

Check your overhead time slice in the CPU.
We have also increased it to 50% from the default

We have ours set to 20%, although I would prefer to avoid changing PLC settings since I believe this issue is related to the computer running Wonderware. It is an industrial computer running Windows 10 and the communication issue only happens when I am querying SQL and drawing images to the screen rapidly.

Just for the sake of being extensive in testing I increased the time slice percent to 50% and the issue occurs with the same frequency.

Last edited:
Here is some more info on what settings I have set up in the SMC and Intouch.
I have about 1000 tags I am interacting with on the PLC and I am dropping connection fairly regularly.

This is the access name configuration I use in Windowmaker.
zgedsvT.png

Below are all of the settings in SMC, following the hierarchy from the top of the ABCIP down
(Configuration -> PORT -> ENB_CPLX -> BACKPLANE -> PLC)

MqgnBEF.png

a6njb2K.png

Q9yBfTy.png

NpCjph6.png

HhMztMc.png

Last edited:
I have noticed my HMI losing connection to the PLC every so often, especially if something intensive is happening on the HMI
Lets take a step back, what is this intensive stuff you are doing? Are you trying to do some sort of bulr read/write on the PLC from a script or similar?

Lets take a step back, what is this intensive stuff you are doing? Are you trying to do some sort of bulr read/write on the PLC from a script or similar?

Every 1000ms I am querying SQL to get information on the inventory in the warehouse we are monitoring and then dynamically drawing the bin positions and status to the screen. Something to note is that this Archestra symbol does not use the PLC connection in any way.