Beckhoff Controllogix communicaton

banana2612

Hello everyone,

I am trying to establish communication between HiPac and Allen Bradley PLC using Beckhoff ethernet/ip module. As I read before on this forum, but also on Beckhoff manual, it's not possible to use eds file for this module, but instead generic ethernet module in hw of Studio 5000 project. I have put the same ip as I was told it is configured in ethernet module and all other parameters are the same, but the node is not visible when I go online with the project. The Beckhoff EL6652-0010 is connected with ethernet cable to 1756-ENBT ethernet module that is on the same rack as CPU. I don't know what could be the problem, both are on the same network. Could it be that this is not the way they should be physically connected?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean that you have identical ip-adress on both ends? If so i think your problem is that. I believe that Ip adresses must be in the same range but they cannot be identical

Originally posted by banana2612:

...but the node is not visible when I go online with the project.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean the I/O connections shows as faulted? If so, open the properties window for the generic I/O module in the Logix I/O tree, select the Connection tab and see what the error code is shown on the bottom.

Most Ethernet devices today are auto-negotiating so connecting them directly together with an Ethernet cable should be fine. You could also put a switch between them to remove this concern.

Keith