UNIDRIVE 1405 Analog output help_AB pf 70

MJC

Hi, I have a question regarding an analog output that I just cannot understand, if anyone can please help out I greatly appreciate.
I’m replacing this drive(UNIdrive 1405) with a PF 7020ADO11F0AYNANC0 and need to set up an analog output as reference back to the PLC the same way its set up in the UNIdrive 1405, question is I don’t know what output the drive represents at terminal 9, is it output frequency, output amps etc. The Unidrive also has a digital input Preset Speed 1 that is set to 65Hz but when I toggle this input the 0-20mA output current value is unaffected, this would in fact indicate that terminal 9 is not set up for output frequency.
Looking at the setup I think there is some scaling done in the drive of the analog input against the High and low frequency Parameters #1.06 and #1.07 and that’s what would represent the analog output but I’m baffled by this. Here is the setup.

UNIDRIVE 1405
Parameter
Analog input 0-20mA to terminal 5+ speed reference

Analog Output on terminal 9 feedback

Parameter #1.06 Max Frequency 71.0 Hz
Parameter #1.07 Min Frequency 12 Hz
Parameter #7.19 (Source) Parameter #1.36
Parameter #7.20 (Scaling) 1.000
Parameter #7.21 (Output) 0-20mA

Now Parameter #7.19 is linked to Parameter #1.36 Analog reference 1,I’m not quite sure what that parameter does except for scaling against the Min. Max. frequency of parameters #1.06 and # 1.07.
Please help, thank you in advance.

Par #1.08 is set to 0
Need to accomplish the same result in PF 70
Here is also a screenshot from the PLC side of the analog Input to PLC

Block.JPG Manual Par1_36.jpg PLC.jpg

Last edited:
Why replace a high end drive with a lower end drive?

You pretty much answered your own question regarding the Analog output. If the source is set to #1.36 then Analog Output 1 is set to echo Analog Input 1. Possibly they were treating it as a buffer, or if your analog input was 0-10VDC they may have been using is as a V to mA converter. A scaling of 1.000 means exactly that. The scaling is unity so the signal passes through unfactored.

#1.36 will be affected by the following analog input conditioning parameters.

#7.27
#7.25
#7.06
#7.07
#7.08
#7.09
#7.10

Keep in mind that there may be other logic in the drive that modifies these values actively. So it is possible that some of them may change depending on the drive mode.

Depending on how it was programmed it is possible that you may not be able to set up the PF70 to be 100% identical.

Do you have CTSoft and a CT Comms cable? It would be much easier to help you if you could upload the parameter file and post it online.

Fist off thank you very much for your help.
Why replace a high end drive with a lower end drive?
The drives are now obsolete, I realize that we could get a direct replacment SP2401 but boss wants AB 70
Do you have CTSoft and a CT Comms cable? It would be much easier to help you if you could upload the parameter file and post it online.
I will have them up in about 5 minutes

Last edited:
parameter list

here is the parameter list note that thease parameters are the only ones changed from the default values

Last edited:
It would still be easier to use the actual parameter file. That way I can look at in block diagram mode instead of fishing around to see what the defaults are.

I only have the attached list that I posted I cannot connect to the actual drive as it has a dark black hole that is burned in one of the boards so I'm stuck with what I have.
From the parameters that you posted the only one I see that is changed from the default value is 7.06 and it's setting is 0-20ma

I will try that Damian, I glad you could help, hopefully this will work out, I'm still confused as to why someone would do this type of scaling in the VFD, this does not in any way give the PLC an actual feedback of the drive output HZ or motor speed.

I will try that Damian, I glad you could help, hopefully this will work out, I'm still confused as to why someone would do this type of scaling in the VFD, this does not in any way give the PLC an actual feedback of the drive output HZ or motor speed.

Well they aren't really scaling it, just passing it through. Being a mA signal they couldn't just run the signal to both the Drive and PLC, so the Drive is serving as a repeater.

Where is the analog input 1 reference coming from? Apparently they wanted the PLC to know what the reference was instead of the actual speed.

You might be able to get away with just setting P342 to 16 "Speed Ref". Then monky with 343 and 344 to match up the range if necessary.
Actually if I set the analog output to Speed reference I don't think that this will work because as I mentioned the drive has a Preset Speed of 65Hz at one point of the cycle, thus this will affect the analog output of PF 70