A-B FactoryTalk ME 8.20 Macro Programming

delforum

Hello PLCTalk Geniuses,

I have an issue with my ME application. When the HMI is not communicating with my PLC and I try to shut down the application, the marco I tied to the Global Connections>"Remote Macro 3: = system\BlinkSlow" continues to run and won't allow the application to shut down.

Inside the "Macro3" I have the following lines:

Line1. {[PLC1]HMI_PULSE} = NOT {[PLC1]HMI_PULSE}
Line2. {[PLC1]HMI_ACK_BUTTON_1} = 0
Line3. {[PLC2]HMI_ACK_BUTTON_2} = 0

If communications between PLC and HMI are good, it shuts down fine. However, if I don't have communication between the PLC and HMI this macro hangs keeping the application open. The only way to shut it off is to pull power.

How would you suggest I modify the Remote Macro 3 line or the Macro3 sequence so it will stop when there is a comms failure so I can shutdown the application?

Thank you,
Del