migration to new PC

paulB

How to migrate to new PC.
We have following configuration in our plant. There are 27 SLC-5/05 connected to the network switch. There is also PC connected to the same network switch. This PC is running RS Logix 500 v5.50 and RS Linx Gateway V2.40. From this PC each PLC processor may be accessed, programmed, etc. There is also MS Office installed on this computer, and Excel application through the RS Linx collects-exchanges information from each PLC (about 150 tags from each). We need to move all this to another PC. Is it possible to save RS Linx communications configuration and DDE Topics configurations to the file, and after installing all software on the new PC, load saved configuration files and be back in business? Or each communication setting for each processor, and each DDE Topic has to be configured manually?
Thanks in advance.
Paul Bronshteyn.

Why yes there is a way.
Linx has a configuration backup utility. All you will need to do is create the backup of the existing PC and copy that file onto the new PC. Before you launch Linx for the first time run the restore utility and presto you will have the same configuration as the other PC.

:)