How to convert INT to single SINT?

Hardy81

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get a number out of a INT and move it to a SINT.

Source: 2#0000_0001_1100_0010
Dest.: 2#0000_0000

Tried to use a BTD, but it is not working. My SINT stays "0" o_O

Isn't it possible to shift bit 8 of my INT-Tag to bit 0 of my SINT-Tag with a length of 8 bit?

BTD B600_SEW.PE_STATUSWORT 8 B600_SEW.PE_STATUS_CODE 0 8 

So where's the problem? I dont't get it.

TIA

Hardy

Hardy,

Not sure of the make, model or revision of PLC you are using, but from the ASCII text (for the BTD instrution) I'm going to guess ControlLogix. If so, your syntax looks good.

Are you by chance not scanning this BTD instruction for some reason?

-Nathan

Hello

Using SCL in Tia V14 with PLC sim and 1500 plc I can get the 8 highest bit,s from the 16 bits integer into the 8 bits of the sint using
#uitwoord := SHR(IN := #inwoord, N := 8);

inwoord datatype = int
uitwoord datatype= sint

Regards

Henny