Adding time to plc

a7med918

Dears
I use step7 v5.4 with Winncc v6.0 cpu 414-2DP

i need to adding production running time as accumulating during day and night shift and display it in HMI winncc

day shift start from 07:00Am to 07:00pm
Night shift starts from 07:00pm to 07:00am

So i imagine I/O field on day shift containing 9 H, 15 M , 20 Sec
I have I5.0 always on if Line production Run
and off if else

how can i do that ?

You need to set your PLC's time and use it to find when your day or night shift is running. There are functions for this.

Another option, is to create a time of day OB that runs at a particular time every day or one that runs every 12 hours starting from 7 to run your shift selection logic.

You can then set up a minute timer and increment a runtime variable based on your machine on.

You need to set your PLC's time and use it to find when your day or night shift is running. There are functions for this.

Another option, is to create a time of day OB that runs at a particular time every day or one that runs every 12 hours starting from 7 to run your shift selection logic.

You can then set up a minute timer and increment a runtime variable based on your machine on.

Thanks for your reply
Kindly help to get functions that detect day and time, CPU already set date and time correctly
Or how can i create OB to run in part of time?

The hardware configuration of the CPU is where you configure the time of day interrupts. In there you will get a number for that OB and then can create that OB in your program to be run.

To read the clock, the instruction you are looking for is READ_CLK