global find and replace in tia portal

dahnuguy

I remember trying to use rewire in S7 and not being able to use find and replace in the whole program.

Has this changed in tia portal v15?

Everything is tag based, so I would expect to be able to find "address X" and replace it with "address Y" in the whole program in every block.

So far it only sort of works inside one FC or FB at a time.

This is something AB does really well.

Please provide a real example of what you want to do.

bunch of data in a DB used in various places through out the program in several different FCs and FBs.

Needed to change the tags and make then an array instead of a list of things.

Device01 has a struct of several datatypes.
Device02 has a struct of several datatypes.
Device03 has a struct of several datatypes.
Device04 has a struct of several datatypes.
They are all the same struct.

Want to make them into

array[0..10] of udtdevice
Group.Device[1].some_int

So find Device01.some_int
replace with Group.Device[1].some_int

or....find Device01.
replace with Group.Device[1].

not just in on FC at a time....global find and replace of one text to another.

in AB you can select to find and replace in just the subroutine you are in or the machine phase or whole program.

and I would also like it if Siemens would honor the "down" directional tick box and not wrap around and replace the ones I don't want replaced.

Sometimes, I just want to replace the ones from here down. Like from network 12 down to 22 and NOT networks 1 through 12.

But go to network 12 and select down for the direction and then find and replace all and it will go to the bottom of the page and wrap back to the top and do the whole FC.

AB has a direction and a wrap check box. Up or down...and then wrap or not. And also local to this sub or global in every subroutine.

Just wondering if tia portal can do this and I just don't know where the command or setting is.

There is a global find, but not a global replace. God knows why. Openness is theoretically a thing, where you can get an XML export of the whole project, but good luck using it without C/C#/Java/whatever skills.

Rewire exists, but it is for I/Q/M memory only (or T/C as well, but never ever ever use those).

The direction IS honored, kinda, on the local find/replace. If you do them one at a time, you see it moves in the right direction. However, you're right, there is no TURN WRAP OFF option for Replace All.