Switch Configuration in RSlogix 5000....pls help

snehavikas14

Hi,

I am fairly new to PLC programming and in this project i have to understand the electrical circuit and implement the logic in PLC.

The only question i have is that "In existing circuit the client used to have a switch which they are replacing with new panel relays.....the switch is for selecting the front loop and back loop.....now they are wiring this to new RIO panel.......which will actuate the front or back loop solenoid gate.

So as per my understanding its a simple logic with

----------II--------------------------------------------------------()----------------
switch to front loop actuate front loop solenoid gate

----------II--------------------------------------------------------()----------------
switch to back loop actuate back loop solenoid gate

there is no emergency,no interlocks etc.

please let me know if you guys think that my understanding is correct.
If you want to see the actual circuit drawing i had posted it in my earlier post.Please respond as i need to finish this ASAP.

Your question is a bit vague, but assuming the existing switch is double-throw, it automatically prevents energizing both gates at the same time. If the situation is that both gates should not be open at the same time, you will need to accommodate that in your logic.

yes the switches wont open at the same time.

if you can have a look at the circuit drawing i have...since its the only refence i have it will help me a lot

Capture1.PNG