Studio 5000 V24

mattyharge

Hello

I just installed Studio 5000 onto my computer and after a short bit of time (1-2 min) with the program open I get the following error message and program terminates:

LogixDesigner.Exe Start Error

Code Integrity Check Failed _> Application is terminated!

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no help. I tried uninstalling and installing version 24.01 but same issue.

Does anyone know what would cause this error message?

Thanks!

ROCKWELL STUDIO5000 ERROR MESSAGE.jpg

Have you got any security software like McAfee running on your workstation?

Have a look here...

720887 - Code Integrity check error when launching Logix Designer
Access Level: Everyone

Since v23 Rockwell introduced a feature to detect possible malicious tampering of the software. This feature is very similar to the likes of McAfee's HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention for Server) which provides protection against OS and application vulnerabilities. They may at times conflict with each other. They recommend you create exclusions for Logix Designer in the third-party software configuration to prevent this from happening.

Regards,
George

Thank you...Disabling Host IPS in Mcafee allows the program to run without crashing. Nw I just need to figure out how to creat an exception so I don't have to remember to turn on/off.

Thanks for the help.

Did you read the linked technote I provided (720887)?

It gives you the entries to use for your Host IPS exclusions (not exceptions - different feature!)...

"C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\ROCKWELL SOFTWARE\STUDIO 5000\LOGIX DESIGNER\ENU\V24\BIN\LOGIXDESIGNER.EXE

"C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\ROCKWELL SOFTWARE\STUDIO 5000\LOGIX DESIGNER\ENU\V24\BIN\RSLOGIX5000SERVICES.EXE"

Also at the bottom of the technote is a link to a McAfee Kbase article which outlines the steps to creating Host IPS exclusions...

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79850

I don't know whether you are using Host IPS v7.0 or v8.0 but as far as I can see you would enter the above file paths at Step 11 in the "Processes" field for v7.0 and at Step 13 in the "File Description" field for v8.0?

Regards,
George

Last edited:
This happens because the program is wrapped with code meter protection from version 24 and up. Any process attaching to the logix designer running in memory will cause this execution error to happen.

Running into what looks like the same problem here...Studio v24.00. I am running COMODO though, not McAfee. I disabled HIPS, added Rockwell as a trusted vendor and added Studio, Codemeter and the logix services .exe's as trusted files. Problem persists. Not sure what more I can do... Any suggestions?

Running into what looks like the same problem here...Studio v24.00. I am running COMODO though, not McAfee. I disabled HIPS, added Rockwell as a trusted vendor and added Studio, Codemeter and the logix services .exe's as trusted files. Problem persists. Not sure what more I can do... Any suggestions?

EDIT: Not version 24..... version 23

Have you tried running as administrator? studio 5000 would crash on me as soon as I would try to open a project. tried right clicking and running as administrator and has been fine.

Hello All,
Not sure if this has been answer in another thread but I came across this same problem today and couldn't figure out what it was...
I would open up the program and start editing it. Usually within 1 - 5 minutes it would pop up the Integrity Check fail code.

Basic Google search brought up the same info as the tech note, but we dont have McAfee or such running on the laptop.

Got a hold of Tech Support and he did some digging.
We found that Version 23 has a known bug when if you edit GSV instructions (which I was as I like to check that all the needed Ethernet Devices are communicating and such).

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/623807

They have a workaround, but pretty much suggest to upgrade to version 24. After shooting the breeze with the tech guy, he suggested if I could to stick with Ver20.05, apparently very stable and works on Windows 10.
We are an OEM so I was in the process of building the programming so still have options to pick if we want to upgrade or downgrade the plc firmware.

Customer has requested V24 now.. but either way its nice to know what was the issue, even if its not actually fixed