Compactlogix 1769 L16ER Factory Reset

JuanPLC74

Hello Everyone.

I'm commissioning a compactlogix 1769 L16ER that fails to bootP to set an IP address, and when I connect it via usb to RSLINX, the USB network popsup for a second and then disappear, so I can't configure it either using that method.

Basically I'm unable to communicate to it at all.
All lights on it are off except the OK light which is flashing red.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Garry, both threads point to L32E or L35E, which had a side cover with a battery. The L16 does not have such a clip-on side cover.

I'll check the L16 later and post back if no one beats me to it.

Hi everyone,
I have a Compact Logix L23e, which is faulted (OK indicator fleshes red), and Software rev 1.016. I could not make firmware upgrade because of fault status. Any help how to solve this issue please?
Also: what is the right procedure to do a factory reset?