Tags Wonderware Intouch

Lazy_Fox

Hello,

I am going interface the Wonderware Intouch with SCADAPack RTU through Modbus.

I have the following IO counts.
Analog - 30
Digital - 60

I want to know whether the Development Studio 2017, InTouch Dev/RT 64 tags is sufficient for the above said IO counts or not.

30 + 60 = 90.

You have a 64 tag license.

90 is greater than 64.

So I'd say no.

BUT. It depends what you want to do with those digital inputs. If they're purely for display then you could pack them into a 16 bit unsigned int and use only one analog tag per 16 digitals in Intouch.

But as soon as you want to do scripting or alarms or historize values then that approach gets messy.

Personally I'd get the right size Intouch licence for the job which is the next size up.