You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread September 14th, 2019, 10:59 PM   #1
jrowe4
United States

Factorytalk View SE and PLC5

Iím having some difficulties getting a new FTVSE network distributed application communicating to a PLC5/40b with an ethernet side card.

My controllgix chassis has two enbt modules

1. 192.168.190.10 ( for use with enterprise networks)
2. 192.168.1.10 (for use with internal plc coms)

My FTVSE servers are installed on the .190 network. I have a thin client on the line connecting to the .190 network to display my hmi application. Several tags in my app need to communicate to a PLC5 that is on the .1 network. Application uses hmi tags ( was an old review app). I am trying to navigate through the backplane of my system through the .1 enbt module, but no plcs show up under the card. This is through the factorytalk Linx data path section of SE (for picking the topics that relate to tags).

I tried adding a plc5/40 by right clicking on the ethernet drive for the .1 card and adding my plc5 IP address. It finally displays, but I canít actually use this as a data path. When I start the app, all my tag links are shaded out as if no connection.

What am I doing wrong? If I open rslinx or factorytalk Linx standalone, I can see the plc5 as well. I am not sure if ftvse is comparable with the plc5, or if I am not following the proper method to acomplish this.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks all.
Unread September 15th, 2019, 04:55 AM   #2
Ken Moore
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

You have to use RSLinx Classic for the PLC-5 connections. Not Enterprise.
You need to add a RSLinx OPC Server to your project tree. With FTSE, the lite version functions as a OPC server without additional licensing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l1m6VwaahA
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum