You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread September 15th, 2019, 10:02 PM   #1
alexhughes112
United States

GP4401WW read timeout through 1747-AIC

Hi everyone,

I have foolishly taken the task to upgrade our older style Proface HMI's from GP377-SC41-24V to GP4401WW. I was able to convert the old .prj program to the new .prx but now I can't get the HMI to communicate to the SLC5/03. We have two HMI's talking to this SLC5/03 through a couple of 1747-AIC's. I purchased a PFXZCBADTM1 Terminal Block and a HMI-CAB-C84 cable. I cut the 25-pin connector off of the HMI-CAB-C84 cable and tried terminating it to the PFXZCBADTM1 Terminal Block. This step confused me because I could not find any accurate diagram on how to connect these. There is an A-side set of terminals and a B-side set of terminals and now I have all like terminals jumpered together. I set my HMI to communicate through COM2 RS422/485(2-wire). My source ID is 0 and my destination is 1. When I have the old hmi plugged into one 1747-AIC and I plug the new hmi into a different 1747-AIC it recognizes that another device is connected with the same source ID, but when I disconnect the old one the read to the plc times out and I get an error. Right now I'm stuck and would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum