Anyone use OPC server for ELAU?

johnms1024

Hi, we're going to need to collect PLC data from 3 different vendors on one production line: Siemens S7, Elau, and Allen Bradley. We can find plenty of vendors that handle the popular Siemens and A/B stuff, but haven't found anyone that talks to Elau PLCs (C600 and MAX4) yet via OPC.

Any recommendations?

ELAU supply an OPC server along with EPAS-4.

Look on your PacDrive 'Automation Toolkit' CD

Yes, the CoDeSys OPC server is supplied with ELAU's EPAS-4 software and may be able to be purchased separately. I've worked with Elau over OPC servers and it works fine.

Elau OPC Server setup assistance on XP

Hello. I want to use Elau's OPC server to collect PLC info. I have the Elau EPAS-4 software and have seen something called CoDeSys on my laptop (where I installed the Elau softwarwe), but I can't seem to figure out how to configure this laptop to actually talk to my PLCs.

Any helpful hints?
ELAU PLC is on my network, laptop is running XP.
Also, once OPC Server running, how to tell if it's running as a service or an application? I need it to stay running eventually on a server for collection by a historian.

Thanks in advance,
John

Hello. I want to use Elau's OPC server to collect PLC info. I have the Elau EPAS-4 software and have seen something called CoDeSys on my laptop (where I installed the Elau softwarwe), but I can't seem to figure out how to configure this laptop to actually talk to my PLCs.

Any helpful hints?
ELAU PLC is on my network, laptop is running XP.
Also, once OPC Server running, how to tell if it's running as a service or an application? I need it to stay running eventually on a server for collection by a historian.

Thanks in advance,
John
Hi John! Did you ever figure this out? I have a customer who has 6 ELAU PacDrive C400 and we need to gather the values of some existing tags. I'm new to ELAU so I'm looking for guidance here... thanks!

Got feedback?

Hi John! Did you ever figure this out? I have a customer who has 6 ELAU PacDrive C400 and we need to gather the values of some existing tags. I'm new to ELAU so I'm looking for guidance here... thanks!

any feedback on this topic? I am now working in the same type of project.