Siemens Simatic S7

You can use Step 7 Classic or TIA Portal (current version is v15)
Programming is done via MPI cable, or if you have it available, via ProfiNET (LAN connection).

If the PLC is very old, it is not supported in TIA Portal. I think TIA does not support CPUs manufactured earlier than 2007 (or it's firmware to be more precise), if I remember correctly. This leaves the Simatic Step 7 Classic (or Classic professional) as the only option for programming.

Tell us the exact order no of the CPUs in question.
i.e. 6ES7315-2EH14-0AB0 for a 315-2PN/DP CPU.
Then we can tell you what software and hardware is needed.

Even if the CPU is recent, the firmware version may also have to be the latest in order for TIA to support it.

Siemens simatc s7 30 software and cabe

Thank you all for the answers.
My plc is Siemens simatic s7 300,
314-6cf02-0AB0
CPU314C-2DP.
Also we have SF light ON,
machine could not run,
What is the possible problem.
Thank you in advance.

If it suddenly stopped working, it's probably a 24VDC supply issue somewhere. Check the connections and status LED of all cards, along with emergency circuits.

If that doesn't reveal anything, you have to check the diagnostic buffer through Step 7 Classic and MPI cable. (Your 300 PLC is too old for TIA)

For this CPU ypu can download STEP7 Lite for free:
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/24372175
edit: Too bad, they have discontinued the STEP7 Lite. You could get a trial for the full STEP7 v5.6 though.

You need a serial MPI adapter (*), for example from this one which is not so expensive as one from Siemens:
https://www.plccable.com/siemens-plc-s7-300-400-pc-mpi-optically-isolated-cable/

*: I think that this old software do not support the newer USB MPI adapter. I may be wrong though. But the serial adapter should work in any case.

Only then can you go online to check the diagnostics buffer of the CPU.
If you are in a hurry, I recommend you contact a Siemens integrator.

Hi guys,
Thank you for the link to get a free Siemens software and where to buy the cable.
My equipment is running now. We found one of communication cable was loose.
Anyway, I am still need that software and cable for future use.
I appreciate to all answers.

Warm regards,
Benyamin

Hi friends,
I could not find the Simatic Step7 Lite on the link provided.
Anybody knows when I can get it?
My purpise is to access Simatic S7-300 CPU314C-2DP
Thank you in advance.

Benyamin

Hi friends,
I could not find the Simatic Step7 Lite on the link provided.
Anybody knows when I can get it?
My purpise is to access Simatic S7-300 CPU314C-2DP
Thank you in advance.

Benyamin

Jesper edited his post to note that S7 Lite isn't available any more. If you download Step 7 (current version is 5.6), it comes with a free trial that lasts for a couple week. After that, you'll need to buy a license, which costs $$. Note that to download Step 7, you need to register for the website and wait for export approval (a little paperwork to prove they aren't giving software to terrorists, cause politicians are a pain)

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/view/109747981

Your local distributor should be able to help you get software and cables.
https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/distributorlocator.html