Electrical Enclosures

Timeismoney08

Okay, another question.... Do you have a source for electrical enclosures that come with a disconnect already installed? Also, with the cutout for the HMI already cut out if I specify which size I need?

I'm sure the HMI would come at a premium, but the disconnect this I would imagine somebody does already.

Thanks!

I have not found one. With so many choices of voltage and amps, fused, non-fused and circuit breakers that could go in every size panel it would be hard for an enclosure company to stock all the common types.

Also, since enclosure companies don't make disconnects, and disconnect companies don't make enclosures, they would have to purchase them and mark them up - with installation costs.

For panels with custom cutouts I go to Saginaw Controls, here in Michigan. https://www.saginawcontrol.com/custom-enclosures/

I have not found one. With so many choices of voltage and amps, fused, non-fused and circuit breakers that could go in every size panel it would be hard for an enclosure company to stock all the common types.

Also, since enclosure companies don't make disconnects, and disconnect companies don't make enclosures, they would have to purchase them and mark them up - with installation costs.

For panels with custom cutouts I go to Saginaw Controls, here in Michigan. https://www.saginawcontrol.com/custom-enclosures/

I appreciate you taking your time to post. Saginaw is who I've used mostly in the past. Them and the stuff on AD.

I was just curious if there was any other options out there.

Hoffman makes a series called "Sequestr" that has a side-mounted section for the enclosure and main circuit protection, so that they're in an arc-flash segregated part of the enclosure.

But they're generally large; the smallest ones are meant for a 200A disconnect, I think. Many of my single-cabinet control systems are 30 or 50 A, so the size is unwieldy.

There are plenty of custom enclosure guys out there, but most are pretty regional. Here in the Midwest, Saginaw, Schaefer's Electrical Enclosures, and Industrial Enclosure Corp are the ones I am familiar with.

As far as the disconnect goes, use a flange mount style and use one with the cable actuator. They are a breeze to mount compared to the alternatives.