AdvancedHMI logging from Click over Ethernet

kwade

I know that AdvancedHMI can log data from CLICK cpu using ModbusRTU, so I will assume that it can do the same using ModbusTCP - it has the ModbusTCP driver.
What I want to know is 'can it log any location in the whole address space within the Click.'
I don't mean all address at one time, but can it log higher addresses such as:
DS4500 FC3 404500
DD1000 FC3 418383
DF500 FC3 429671
TXT1000 FC3 437364
SD29 FC3 461469

Thank you.
k

DD and DF spaces can be read, but since they are not 16 bit wide values, you have to explicitly tell the driver how to treat them using a prefix. For example:

L416385 for 32 bit integers

F428673 for floating point numbers

Other prefixes than can be used are "U" for unsigned and "B" for BCD

DD and DF spaces can be read, but since they are not 16 bit wide values, you have to explicitly tell the driver how to treat them using a prefix. For example:

L416385 for 32 bit integers

F428673 for floating point numbers

Other prefixes than can be used are "U" for unsigned and "B" for BCD

I have a project demo for AHMI.
I have some snags. On the main screen, I put a bunch of controls. I have set PLCAddressValue property for all controls

1. I get the correct value for DF1 using F428673.
I get the correct value for DF2 using F428675.
I haven't tried all 500 registers in the DF table, but somewhere I start getting "Com Error -999.No Values Returned from Driver"
Is there a MAX DF address that the ModbusTCP driver will read?

I haven't tried all 1000 registers in the DD table, but somewhere I start getting "Com Error -999.No Values Returned from Driver"
Is there a MAX DD address that the ModbusTCP driver will read?

2. For C1 (16385), and C4500 (18384) I get the same Com Error -999.
Do I need to do something special to PLCAddressValue for C bit values?
What I have entered from the SC table works: PLC Mode SC11 (161451) and 1 Sec Clock SC7 (161447)

3. I added and then deleted a DateTimeDisplay but the label text still shows. I cannot select it. --- This may be a VS issue. I haven't tried restarting VS.

Does AHMI have a manual, documentation repository or other help text?

There are no limitations in the Modbus driver. There may be a limitation with the PLC. In the driver properties try reducing the MaxReadGroupSize

For your bit addresses, try adding a 0 in front of the address such as 016385

The best resource for documentation is the AdvancedHMI forum.

There are no limitations in the Modbus driver. There may be a limitation with the PLC. In the driver properties try reducing the MaxReadGroupSize

For your bit addresses, try adding a 0 in front of the address such as 016385

The best resource for documentation is the AdvancedHMI forum.

Thanks archie, I will do these things next week.
Have a great weekend - everyone.

Thanks archie, I will do these things next week.
Have a great weekend - everyone.

archie,
I am back at it. Thanks for the responses.I added a ZERO to the C data table. Works!
I found that the address limit seems to be in the CLICK.
I can successfully read the DD table up to DD999.
DD1000 returns Illegal Data Address.
I can successfully read the DF table up to DF498.
DF499 and DF500 return Invalid Data Address.

If I have two AnalogValueDisplays with PLCAddressValues of DF497 and DF499 on the screen, I get the Com Error-999 error for both.
DF497 address is F429665 (29664)
DF499 address is F429669
I would guess that this is because the driver packs both (or really all three) addresses into a single request and the CLICK issues an error (Illegal Data Address)
I don't need to log the whole range of the data tables, I am just testing the limits of CLICK and AdvancedHMI working together. My IT guy will need this information so he can know his limits!
So far, I am impressed with AHMI.

For test comparison, I will try to get a CMORE screen and do the same range checking with wireshark captures.

DF-Request.png DF-Response.png

Last edited:
archie,
I would guess that this is because the driver packs both (or really all three) addresses into a single request and the CLICK issues an error (Illegal Data Address)
The MaxReadGroupSize controls how many registers it tries to read in a single packet. Try setting that value to 10

Still get Com Error -999. With the MaxReadGroupSize set to 10 registers. I set to 1 for experiment - still error.

For comparison, I attached the Wireshark caps of AHMI - vs - CMore request/response for DF500 (Modbus HReg 29671.)

CMoreRequest.png CMoreResponse.png AHMI Request.jpg AHMI Response.jpg

Last edited:
Archie,
This works well enough for my application.
If you want more info/debug before I disassemble the test setup, just ask.

FYI:
The CMore setup:
SW Ver 2.78SP1
FW Ver 2.78 (Not upgraded to SP1)

Panel EA7-T12C Ethernet - using the Modicon Modbus TCP/IP Driver (This EA7 software does NOT have a CLICK Ethernet driver.)

Byte Order Hi, Lo
Word Order Lo, Hi
Char Order Char1, Char2
Regs per message 64
Coils per message 64

The CMore request is only reading 2 words , but the AdvancedHMI is trying to read 6. On the AdvancedHMI, put only one value display so it only tries to read the same 2 words as the CMore

The CMore request is only reading 2 words , but the AdvancedHMI is trying to read 6. On the AdvancedHMI, put only one value display so it only tries to read the same 2 words as the CMore

I did, then added the wireshark cap in the post #8.
Thanks

I guess the problem is in post #8, the CMore is requesting 2 words, but AdvancedHMI is requesting 4. If you only had 1 display value, then the driver is trying to request 4 when it should only request 2

If I have two AnalogValueDisplays with PLCAddressValues of DF497 and DF499 on the screen, I get the Com Error-999 error for both.
DF497 address is F429665 (29664)
DF499 address is F429669
I just did a test using the newly released version 3.99p and these addresses seem to be working now.