AdvancedHMI logging from Click over Ethernet

I just did a test using the newly released version 3.99p and these addresses seem to be working now.

I appreciate the update. I was using 3.99k.
If the project needs dictate using that address, at least I know that it will work.

Thanks again!

Click PLC to AHMI c bit control

Im new to PLC's, HMI's and AHMI so please be patient. Also, thanks for all the helpful info on these forums. I have successfully read info from my Click PLC project (DF and DS registers) into Advanced HMI but I am not able to control any C bits from AHMI with a momentary button (haven't tried other buttons). I put a 0 in front of my Modbus register (using the Modbus TCP driver) but still no reaction from the PLC. I must be missing something silly. It seems similar to the above posts but can anyone help me control the C bits?

Ensure that you have not programmed the C bit as an output. Have you tried to control the Y output memory area that has not been used in the program as an output?

Regards,

Garry,

Yes, I can control a Y output that is NOT being used in the program. I CAN'T control a Y output that is being used. Can you explain why it's like this? The c bit that I'm trying to control, resets several drum sequences. It doesn't trigger any Y outputs but it is used as an output one time in the code for other c bits to activate it. Also, it may be helpful for you to know that the code has been tested thoroughly on this project.
Thanks so much for your help, I have appreciated your videos on Youtube.

Garry,

Yes, I can control a Y output that is NOT being used in the program. I CAN'T control a Y output that is being used. Can you explain why it's like this?

IF there are "destructive" instructions in the PLC code, meaning instructions that alter the contents of the address, then those bits of code will change the contents of the address. Data being written from an external device like AHMI or any other HMI may alter the addresses as well, but won't do it as fast as the logic which will perform the operation many hundreds of times per second.

Reserve some "C" bits for use by the HMI and do not use them as the target of destructive instructions in the PLC, with the one exception of the RESET instruction being permitted in order to prevent "stuck button syndrome".

"Stuck button syndrome" is what can happen if the attached device loses communication (even momentarily) with the PLC before it has the chance to write a zero to a momentary button type of object.

A preventive approach to that possibility is to only use maintained buttons on the HMI and always reset them in the PLC code (after they have been acted on), or to go ahead and use momentary buttons on the HMI and still reset them (conditionally).

Remember that a COIL instruction (OTE in Allen Bradly parlance) will always write to the target address even when false, but SET and RESET will only alter the target value when the rung conditions are true.