micro 1100 communication

jcole28

Good day Guys and Gals.

Trying to connect to micrologix 1100 using USB to serial adapter . Cannot seem to make a connection. Is it possible I need to update or install drivers for RSlinx to communicate with the USB port?

Couple of things -
The USB to serial will show up as a com port in Device Manager, It probably won't be Com1. It might also change port #s if you move it around.

You'll want to use the DF1 driver, assuming your ML1100's port is set to the default out of the box.

You can also use ethernet to talk to the ML1100, and I find it a lot easier.

also make sure you have the driver installed for your usb to serial adpater. Then like Dravik said it will show up in device manager as a com port use that port in your DF1 driver setup