Fiber converters

Hi everyone

I need a source for information which will explain the different converters. Such as 10 base-FX to 100 base-T, 100 base-FL to 100 base-T/F, 10/100 Base-TX, 1000 Base-SX.
I don't understand the prefix and which are compatible, do I need a matching pair etc...
I am going from fiber to copper (RJ45), Sigma system.

Thanx in advance
Roger

Hi rogerhollingsworth,

Try this link : http://www.blackbox.com, select "Testers & Tools", than "Fiber Tools".

Ask for some paper catalog. Provides many tricks of the trade, technical informations and concrete solutions for network users and integrators. Useful datasource.

Hope this helps.

Laurent

Similar Topics

Hello, Is it common and good practice to utilize serial-to-fiber converters when interfacing with a legacy equipment that's only equipped with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm trying to set up a dh-485 fiber optic link between a panelview 600 and a 1761 AIC using a pair of ADAM-4541 fiber optic...
Replies
Views
Why does the controllogix redundancy modules use a single mode fiber vs multimode fiber?
Replies
Views
Good afternoon. Below is the network diagram, according to which I wanted to configure supervisor on en2tr module. Stratix is in RSTP mode, due to...
Replies
Views
{Old Indramat guy here} (*) How do you 'jumper out', logically, a drive on a Kinetics 6000? For example, I have a Power Module (Node 20) and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom