FT View SE Help

Tim Ganz

From this page http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwellsoftware/performance/view/orderinginfo.html

I need to order some license for FT view client to add to a existing system.

What is the difference between these 2 part numbers? I thought there was only 1 type of client but it looks like there are 2?

FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client

FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client is software for viewing and interacting with supervisory-level applications. FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client licenses are deployed as dedicated (when installed on the computer hosting the FactoryTalk View Site Edition Client) or floating licenses (when installed on the computer hosting the FactoryTalk Directory).
Catalog NumberDescription9701-VWSCWAENEFactoryTalk View Site Edition Client9701-VWSCRAENEFactoryTalk View Site Edition View Client

The second client license only allows you to "view" the process. You cannot change tag values, start things etc. It probably should be called something like monitoring only.

I thought the software called Factory Talk Viewpoint was for view only on HMI screens?. We have it running that way on a couple of things.

FactoryTalk ViewPoint is a thin-client solution, you gain the simplicity of standard browser navigation and new degrees of access to critical FactoryTalk® View information all in a web browser. The thin-client configuration means no client software to install and maintain, lowering total cost of ownership.

So it represent just another way to connect to the system, using a PC with no client software installed... remember last version 2.0 has also write functionality...

- fuzzy logic

With version 1 of ViewPoint, there where a lot of limitations and restrictions. I don't know about version 2. Decide what you need and then compare.