Mitsubishi FX3GE - IP Address Problem

Bilbo1161

Hi
I have a Mitsubishi FX3GE and I am trying to change the IP address to one that will sit on our network.
I am using GX Works 2 version 1.586.
Changed the IP address in PLC parameters and downloaded to the PLC via a usb connection.
When checking the Ethernet in diagnostics, the IP hasn’t changed. Pinging the device also confirms this.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

That's exactly right. The Ethernet module for the Melsec PLC is configured by the PLC application. GxWorks merely sets the parameters in the required buffers in the PLC memory. But until the application in the PLC is restarted, these parameters have no effect on the Ethernet module.