Logix Designer V30 : Saving Project....

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
.... is taking 2 minutes and 18 seconds to save an (almost empty) project, located on my local hard drive.

This is seriously going to hamper progress on this new project, especially as I like "auto-save to a recovery file" to occur every 2 to 3 minutes.

Does anyone know why it takes so much time, and more importantly, can it be fixed ?

TIA

EDIT : I have just let it save to a recovery file, and that took just a few seconds ....

Last edited:
Are you trying 'save' or 'save as...'?

Maybe try to save as a new file and see if that changes anything.

Also what if you export to .l5k and re-import?

I presume you tried rebooting the PC?

So first, as I'm sure you are aware, this is unusual, not normal. I will assume that you are saving locally and not to an external location (network, USB).

Does this happen with other projects? I think the first thing I would try (if it is just this one file showing this behavior) is the old export then import step as chopin suggests.

OG